Commission info – Character Illustrations
I’m open for commissions! You can contact me via email: email@example.com or by filling in my contact form. Read on for more info!
Prices for private commissions (as of 16-11-2021)
Scroll further down for examples of the following:
These prices are subject to change depending on complexity of the piece. For instance, wings or complicated patterns on clothing can change the price of a piece. You can find info on how the commission process will go below the examples on this page.
What does the process look like?
1. You send me an email with a description of the character and the type of commission you’d like. Include a physical description of them as well as their personality/attitude, generally the more the better! I want to get a feel for who the character is and what they do so I can better design them. It’s also very helpful for me if you include reference images; these can be for example photos or artwork of characters or costumes that inspired you to make the character. Feel free to also include any other information you think will be helpful.
2. If I’m available and take on the commission, I’ll contact you and you’ll receive an invoice as I take payment up front. After receiving payment, I’ll start work on the commission.
3. Depending on the type of commission you’d like, you’ll get either one or two rounds of revision. In the case of a full render, you’ll get two; one when I deliver the sketch and another one at a later stage with rough colors. In the case of a flat color commission you’ll get one revision when I deliver the sketch. This is where you can give me feedback and I’ll apply any changes (within reason) you request. For bigger commissions with multiple characters or complex painting, I’ll include a third round of revision.
4. How long the whole process takes depends on how busy I am at the moment. I can give you an idea of how long it’ll take depending on the commission, it’ll usually be somewhere between a few days and a few weeks.
5. At the end of the process you’ll receive a full-resolution file of the illustration as well as one optimized for web.
Payment will go via PayPal. I take full payment up front, though with commissions over €100 there’s options available to split the payment into multiple installments. Additionally, for commissions over €200 I’ll make a small contract to make sure we’re on the same page.
Because this is my job and I will need to do my taxes, the law in my country requires me to put a full name and postal address on my invoices. Under no circumstances will I share your personal information, and your address will be used solely for the invoice.
You can get a full refund if either:
>I cancel the commission at any point for personal reasons
>You cancel the commission before I’ve sent you the rough sketch for revision.
You can get a 50% refund if you cancel the commission after I’ve sent you the rough sketch for revision, but before you’ve approved it and given your feedback. Refunds will not be offered after the rough sketch of the commission has been approved.
These commissions are meant for personal use only. You are free to share the image on your social media, as long as you credit me with either a link to my website or social media. If you want to use the commission for commercial use, we gotta talk about rights and renegotiate price. In this case I will make a small contract outlining all the relevant info about the rights.
Unless stated otherwise, I retain all the rights to the image and am free to share it on my social media/website/portfolio. If you’d like to keep the commission private, this is possible; just mention it in your email 🙂
CoC number: 71914919